- 2 diced onions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, ghee, olive oil or coconut milk
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into into florets
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet potato (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1/2 cup broth (vegetable of chicken)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- cayenne or hot sauce to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Saute onions in oil/butter until soft and fragrant. Add garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling water add the cut the cauliflower and sweet potato. Cook until tender.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve over pasta or devour on its own.
- Store sauce in an airtight jar in fridge.