Ingredients (Serves 6-8)
- 1 smaller size eggplant
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or non dairy milk
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a baking sheet.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- In a shallow bowl combine the milk and one egg.
- In another shallow bowl combine onion powder, nutritional yeast, potato starch, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg bowl first then dip into nutritional yeast bowl.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping once in between. To crisp them up just a little more, I also placed them under the broiler for 3 minutes at the end.