Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 bunches/bags spinach
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or rice milk
- 1 cup goat feta cheese, cut into cubes (optional if not able to tolerate goat milk)
- 3-4 cups cooked brown or white rice
- In a large pot heat oil and cook onion for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add tomato, spinach, turmeric, curry, cumin and coriander. Cook for 3 minutes to bring out flavour of spices.
- Add milk and cook until spinach is soft and fully cooked.
- Using an immersion blender or by placing spinach mixture in a blender, purée until completely smooth.
- Serve on top of rice and add feta if desired.