Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Toddler Friendly Banana Muffins (Dairy, Egg, Grain/Gluten and Sugar Free)


My little niece is coming next week so I thought I would come up with some mini muffins that would be safe and appropriate for her to eat.  These muffins are great for little ones as they are dairy, grain and egg free.  The apple sauce works well as a light sweetener if you prefer.  I look forward to creating these with different fruits as well.

Update: I have recently tweaked this recipe I think for the better but do let me know. (August 2012)

Ingredients (makes 24-36 mini muffins)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375F and grease or line muffin cups, I used mini muffin cups.
  2. In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients (first 5 ingredients)
  3. Purée bananas, vanilla, oil, egg replacer, apple sauce and add to the dry ingredients.
  4. Gently stir just until combined.
  5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake for 20-25 minutes for large muffins and 12-15 for mini muffins or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for these recipes! I have trouble finding options for when our family has to bring snacks to my daughters school. This meets all the allergy retrictions in her class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Your intro mentions coconut flour could be omitted, but it's not in the ingredient list. Should there be coconut flour or did mean coconut oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks that must have been in there from before the update!

      Delete