- One large organic whole chicken if possible
- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary or 1/4 cup fresh
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into quarters. Rinse and placed in a large bowl. Add garlic and onion to the bowl.
- Pour 1 teaspoon oil over potatoes and mix to coat.
- Combine salt, pepper, rosemary and paprika. Pour half of spices mixture over the potatoes, stirring to coat. Set aside.
- Wash chicken and place in a large oven safe dish or roasting pan.
- Coat chicken in remaining teaspoon of oil. Using hands rub remaining spices over chicken.
- Arrange prepared potatoes around the chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes on 400 F. After an hour turn oven down to 325 and cook for another hour or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 180F. If chicken is getting to dark on the top, simply cover it with a lid.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before carving. Save the juices for gravy or soup if possible.