Monday, August 13, 2012

Lemon Basil Dressing (Dairy, Gluten and Sugar Free)

I often create my own salad dressing as I don't always trust what comes in a store bought bottle.  I also like a simple oil and vinegar combination which is well much cheaper too.  This is a newer one I have been making.  It tastes wonderful on a spinach, arugula, kale or just drizzled on some avocado.

Ingredients (makes approximately 3/4 cup)
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons honey or 3-5 drops liquid stevia (optional)
  • 1 handful fresh basil
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth.
  2. I like the strain any leftover bits (unless your blender does a better job than mine) before I store it in a sealed container in the fridge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment