- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 roasted squash* (approximately 2-2.5 cups)
- 2 carrots
- 2 peeled and diced pears
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk/cream
- In a medium size pot heat oil.
- Cook onions until translucent (approximately 5 minutes.)
- Add carrots, broth, pears and coconut milk.
- Cook approximately 12-15 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Add squash and cook another 5 minutes until fully heated.
- Using a blender, purée until smooth.
* to roast a squash simply poke holes in squash with a knife. Place in a oven safe dish and roast at 400F for 1 hour.