Ingredients (serves 4-5 people)
- 2 cup rinsed quinoa* (I used a combination of red and white)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 diced small sweet potatoes or 1 large
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a small pot cook sweet potato just until soft (don't over cook.)
- In a large pot heat oil. Add quinoa, cinnamon and cayenne and fry for 1 minute. Add broth and salt.
- Bring to a boil and add kale. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked.
- Add sunflower seeds, raisins and cooked sweet potato, stirring gently until fully combined.
*soak and rinse quinoa for 2-3 minutes to remove its bitter saponin coating