Do note: chickpea flour does not make a great tasting batter so don't be alarmed the batter does not resemble the end product.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (grape seed oil may work)
- 3/4 cup agave, honey or other natural sweeteners
- 5-7 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 mashed banana (or add another 1/4 cup applesauce or 1/4 cup oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or gluten free vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa (I use a dark cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup well cooked quinoa (I used white quinoa)
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons of non dairy milk (I used unsweetened hemp milk)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and purée until very smooth. Maybe sure your quinoa is no longer apparent.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 40-45 minutes. They may seem a little bit spongy right in the middle, as in making a small dent when gently pushed with a finger but trust me they will turn out when cooled.