Friday, May 10, 2013

Grain Free Pie Crust (Dairy, Gluten/Grain and Sugar Free)

I am definitely not a pie maker.  I didn't receive the gift of making flaky pie crusts.  So this is my kind of crust.  It is grain free, has some protein, fibre and is not full of dangerous fats. I simply pressed it into the dish and didn't even attempt to roll it.  If anyone cares to try d\to roll this crust, do let me know how it works.  The dough does stick together so it may work.
Ingredients (makes 1 pie crust)
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
  • 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9 inch pie dish.
  2. Combine all ingredients.
  3. Press dough into prepared pie dish and bake for 15 minutes.
  4. It is now ready for any pie you wish to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment