Thought I would share this recipe. This is my sister's salad recipe which I convinced her to write down so I could share it. This is a really a fresh tasting salad which can be eaten as a meal or a side dish. In my opinion, the fresh ginger is what makes it. Yum!
- 4 large grated carrots
- 1 grated pear
- 1/4 cup raisins (soaked for at least 1 hour)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 2 sprigs onion greens
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or vegannaise
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon honey or 3 drops liquid stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine carrots, pear, raisins, seeds, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, lime juice, mayonnaise, ginger, honey, paprika, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Pour dressing over carrot mixture and stir to fully coat.
- Let salad sit for at least 30 minutes in fridge to absorb flavours.