This recipe is pretty tasty and makes plenty. Separating the eggs definitely makes these waffles nice and fluffy. I tend to freeze the leftovers and put them in the toaster oven as needed.
Ingredients (makes 7-8 waffles)
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 2 shredded apples (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites into fluffy peaks and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl blend egg yolks, milk and oil.
- Add liquid to the dry and then add in the shredded apples. Mix until well combined. Gently fold in egg whites. Let sit for 2-3 minutes as the batter will thicken up.
- Use as directed by waffle maker.