Monday, October 28, 2013

Homemade Cranberry Sauce (Dairy, Gluten/Grain and Refined Sugar Free)

I have made this sauce for several years but keep forgetting to post it before Canadian Thanksgiving however I am not to late for our friends in the United States.  I like to make my own cranberry sauce as I can control how sweet it is as well as what ingredients are added.  The girls also enjoy watching the cranberries pop, although don't get too close, my youngest had one squirt in her eye :(
This sauce gets nice and thick and will keep for several days in the fridge.
Ingredients
  • 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries (about 4 cups)
  • 3/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
  • 3/4 cup palm sugar (adjust according to taste, I prefer it more on the sour side)


Directions
  1. Place all ingredients in a small sauce pan.  
  2. Bring to a boil on medium to high heat, stirring frequently.
  3. Reduce to a simmer and continue to cook another 10 minutes until most cranberries have burst.
  4. Cool, sauce will thicken as it cools and then place in fridge to chill.  I tend to just set it outside while I prep the rest of dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment