I hope everyone has had a healthy, happy start to 2014. I enjoyed taking some time off of my blog and spend even more time with my family.
This recipe is a creation based on a dessert my mom used to make. Mom usually made her almond rounds with a bit of jam in the center which tasted and looked great. This recipe doesn't use any grains as her original recipe required, nonetheless they taste great.
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 cup palm or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon gluten free almond extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- raspberry jam (I used Le Fruit by Natur-A.Vogel or Crofters)
- whole blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare mini muffin pan.
- Combine all ingredients (except topping) until well blended.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge.