Sunday, January 19, 2014

Immune Support and Immune Boosting Tea (Homemade with Natural Ingredients)

So the common cold has hit some of us here.  My oldest must have an immune system of a rock as she is not phased but my youngest and husband have struggled for about week.  I have been using some of my more natural cold remedies but in addition, I have also altered a tea recipe I received from my Naturopathic doctor.  It was also suggested that this recipe could be made into popsicles but I have yet to try this method.
All of these spices have a warming effect on the body but each also contains additional immune support for the body.

Cinnamon-Antimicrobial
Cloves-Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antihistamine
Ginger-Antiseptic, anti-nausea
Nutmeg-Detoxifies, increases circulation
Star Anise-Increase appetite and help digestion


Ingredients
  • 6 cups water
  • 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
  • 2 whole star anise
  • 1 teaspoon minced ginger

Directions
  1. Add all ingredients into a medium size pot.  Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1-2 hours depending on desired taste.
  2. Enjoy the smell as it simmers and enjoy the tea when ready!  If you prefer a sweeter tea I am sure a bit of honey would go well with it.

1 comment: