Thursday, June 12, 2014

Greek Salad with Homemade Lemon Dressing

I have to admit I have never made my own Greek salad but definitely love eating it.  I finally put together a dressing recipe that I love and thought I should write down and share for further referencing.  I hope you like it too.

Ingredients (serves approximately 6 side salads)

For the salad:
  • 1 chopped head of lettuce
  • fresh diced tomatoes
  • diced cucumber
  • diced red onion
  • olives
  • feta cheese (goat or cow) -omit for dairy free
For the Dressing Combine
  • 2 juiced lemons
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 3 drops liquid stevia (optional)
  • sea salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Arrange salad.
  2. Mix dressing.
  3. Pour over salad, stir and serve immediately or let sit in juices for approximately an hour.
  4. Stir again before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment