- lemon juice -1 tablespoon for 4 cups kale (optional)
- diced vegetables of choice (cucumber, peppers, tomatoes)
- sunflower seeds
Maple Dressing Ingredients
- 1 part olive oil
- 1 part pure maple syrup (or less if you don't want it too sweet)
- 3 parts balsamic vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
For example (1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 3 tablespoons vinegar)
- Bunch the kale on the cutting board and take a sharp knife and cut into shreds.
- Pour lemon juice over kale and mix together with your hands. This breaks down the kale a bit. It doesn't need to be done but I like a softer kale.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Mix up the salad dressing and pour on before serving.
My oldest loves this salad so much she frequently requests it for lunch.
It takes very well when layered in a mason jar with the dressing poured first on the bottom.