I can't claim to have created this recipe but have adapted it from Washington's Green Grocer. It is really delicious and so easy to make. I love cabbage at this time of year because it is so fresh and full of vitamin C which is great for the start of cold/flu season.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, coconut oil, ghee or grass-fed organic butter
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 medium size cabbage diced into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup cashews (I used raw, unsalted)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan or wok on medium heat add oil/butter.
- Add curry, turmeric and cumin. Fry for 30 seconds to bring out their flavours.
- Add cashews and cabbage. Fry for 10-12 minutes until cabbage is soft, stirring frequently.