These turned out so well. I do stir or check on them quite frequently. The inner seed should not get dark but stay greenish colour.
- pumpkin seeds from one pumpkin (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil or grapeseed oil
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse pumpkin seeds.
- In a medium size pot, cover seeds with water and add 1 teaspoon sea salt. Bring to a boil then simmer 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium bowl add pumpkin seeds, oil and sea salt. Stir to fully combine.
- Spread onto baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, stir and bake for another 15 minutes or until dry.
- You may need to break a few chunks apart.
- Store in an airtight container.