I do highly recommend a high powered blender when making this fudge. You want to make sure you can get a good puree from the dates and beans. We have definitely gotten used to a lot less sweet in our treats so the dates bring about enough in this fudge but if you prefer sweeter you may want to add a few drops stevia.
We have been enjoying these as a snack, for breakfast or to satisfy a chocolate craving.
- 2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla
- 5-7 drops liquid stevia (optional I don't add it to mine)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup dates
- 1 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 cup raw cocao or cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Grease a 4 x 6 dish or loaf pan.
- Add all ingredients in order listed to your blender.
- Puree on high until completely smooth.
- Scope into prepared dish and flatten down.
- Set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and try not to eat too many.