I found, The Modern DIY Life and Ben Nyquist's DIY Beeswax Wood Polish and Sealant so I have it a try. I was really impressed with how easy it was to make. This wax really brought out the new stain and seems to be locking it in. I added in some lemon essential oil as helps bring out shine. I am aware that I will probably have to reapply this sealant every year or so, but at least I won't be subjecting the family to any more chemicals.
- 1 part beeswax
- 3 parts olive oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil (optional)
- Grate beeswax and add to a double boiler pot.
- Melt until a complete liquid. Turn heat off and add olive oil and blend completely.
- Add your essential oil and stir to combine.
- If using as a sealant it is best when warm. You can always bring it back to the double boiler to soften as it hardens once cooled.
- As a polish simply add a small amount to a clean cloth and rub on wood in a circular motion.
- Store in a sealed glass container.