Ingredients (makes enough for single layer cake or 12 cupcakes)
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cup dates
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cocao or cocoa
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup ground palm sugar (optional-if you prefer it sweeter)
- Soak cashews in 1 1/2 cup water for 2-4 hours to soften. Drain and then rinse with clean water. Set aside.
- Soak dates in hot water for 1-2 hours to soften. Drain water and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Set in refrigerator to harden for 1-2 hours.
- Pipe or spread over cake.