- 4 medium sized beets, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces (a mandolin is helpful here)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat, sheep or cow feta cheese (optional, but tasty)
- 1-2 ripe pears cut into matchstick pieces*
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh black pepper to taste
- 1-2 drops stevia (optional)
My youngest pulling up some of her beets
- In a medium size bowl combine beets, mint, feta and pear (see note about pears)
- In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients and stir to fully mix.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve or let sit 1-2 hours in the fridge to allow flavours to combine.
*if making this salad ahead (more than 2-3 hours) I leave the pears out until close to serving, as they can get kind of mushy if left too long in the dressing