Ingredients (makes 8 inch cake)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup palm sugar
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder plus some for dusting
- 3 whisked eggs
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8-inch round baking pan then dust with cocoa powder. Line bottom with a round of wax paper and butter paper.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate with coconut oil stirring, until smooth.
- Add sugar and cocoa, stir until blended.
- Remove top of double boiler from heat and whisk in the eggs until well blended.
- Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 30-40 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.