I was pleased to find a snack containing dates, coconut and almonds so I picked them up. It was then, that I remembered I used to make cookie balls more often. They are so versatile and can be very simple to make. Here is definitely an easy, quick recipe that is not only tasty but can easy be taken along.
Ingredients (makes 10-15 balls)
- 2 cups soft dates*
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling
*I usually soften mine by letting them sit in hot water for about 30 minutes and then squeezing most of the water out.
- Combine all ingredients except the extra coconut for rolling and place in a blender or in a bowl with an immersion blender.
- Blend ingredients until all large pieces of date are cut evenly.
- Place the 3 tablespoons of remaining coconut onto a plate.
- Using your hands take about a tablespoon amount of dough and roll in into a ball.
- Roll the ball into the coconut until it is fully covered.
- Place all completed balls into covered container and store in the fridge for 1 week or freezer.