Muffins are a common breakfast or snack item around here. I like how they can be quick and easy to make. They are also easy to adapt to include variety of ingredients. This recipe is definitely a simple one. I like it more as a base and can be adapted with other spices, fruits, nuts or shredded vegetables.
- 2 cups oats (regular or gluten free)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic greek, non dairy or regular yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toppings or fillers: chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts, coconut, dried fruit, zucchini/carrots?
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare muffin tray.
- Combine all ingredients into blender except if you want whole pieces of nuts, fruits, etc. Add those in after blending.
- Blend until batter is smooth.
- Add your additional fillers if desired and stir.
- Pour into muffin tray 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.