Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sugary Free, Non-Candy Halloween Treats

I just didn't feel right about handing out sugary treats this year, as I don't want my children eating it either.  Sugar acts like cocaine to our bodies, so why do we feed it to our children?

I had a good wake up call this morning as I had strayed from my usual diet last night and indulged in some chocolate.  The sugar overload, paired with a couple other environmental changes left me with a mirgraine this morning.  It has been almost three years since my last one.  My lesson has been learned!

So today I set out to find some alternative Halloween treats that wouldn't reak havoc on little bodies. The local Party store had an awesome selected and many were on sale!  Here are the results:


Stickers, "silly banz," pencil sharpeners, crayons, bracelets and a glow stick (courtesy of my daycare)


When I showed my purchases to my oldest daughter, her response was: "Those are cool, real cool."  The trick or treaters were equally as excited and enjoyed picking out their favourites.

Anyone else have any great non-candy treats they handed out?



No comments:

Post a Comment